- from the book, Snacktivities
Here's an easy recipe, and fun for kids.
This photo gives some idea of the results,
but when making your Dinosaur Claws, stick the almonds
into the dough to look like claws, not sprinkled on top.
1 can of refrigerator biscuits
oven, preheated to 425º degrees F or according to biscuit directions
squares of clean, plain cardboard
1. Bake the biscuits according to package directions, usually about 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Wear oven mitts and remove the baking sheet and biscuits from the oven.
3. Brush each biscuit with melted margarine. Sprinkle biscuits with cinnamon sugar.
4. While the biscuit is still very warm, carefully insert 5 almond slivers around the edge of the biscuit so it looks like the claws of a dinosaur.
5. Draw tracks near the edges on the clean squares of cardboard with the permanent markers.
6. Serve the claws on the cardboard squares.
This article/art activity is copyright protected.
Permission is granted to reprint one copy for personal use only.
Please contact email@example.com or 800-480-4278 for
permission to reprint multiple copies or to disperse.